What are the minimum requirements to apply for Canadian migration?
The minimum required documents to begin the immigration process to Canada include but are not limited to:
- The minimum required documents to begin the immigration process to Canada include but are not limited to:
- Language test results
- Education certificates and Educational Credential Assessment reports
- Valid passport
- Provincial nomination certificate if applicable
- Valid written job offers from an employer in Canada if applicable
- Proof of funds demonstrating that you can support yourself and dependents (if applicable)
- Medical and Police certificates
Get in touch with our immigration lawyers and consultants to get comprehensive information about the requirements for Canadian immigration. You can also apply to get a FREE assessment.
Why should you choose a licensed consultant?
There are many reasons why people opt for the services of a Registered Migration Consultant.
- Applying for a visa can be time-consuming, confusing and overwhelming. A licensed consultant has the skills and knowledge to reduce the applicant’s exposure to undesirable elements of the visa application process.
- Migration law can be extremely complex and changes frequently which can pose as a challenge for an applicant applying without the assistance of a licensed consultant.
- Migration rules and regulations are very strict and speciﬁc, so an applicant who is unaware of all of the conditions can easily submit an invalid application.
- Incomplete or inaccurate visa applications will lead to delays in processing and may possibly require applying again.
- In addition to being time-consuming, submitting an invalid application can become expensive as the Government will not refund the application fee under any circumstance.
- Applicants can be requested to provide more information or attend interviews by the concerned authority. A licensed consultant can help gather the necessary information, ensuring that the documents are in line with the requirements. Additionally, a licensed consultant can also guide the client regarding the embassy interview.
- Visa applicants are not always aware of the most suitable visa for their circumstance because of the numerous visa subclasses. A consultant will ensure that they choose an option that fits their situation.
Which Canadian immigration program is best for you?
Express Entry System
The applicant needs to meet the requirements of one of the following programs in order to apply for the Express Entry program:
Provincial Nominee Program
Applicants may become permanent residents by getting nominated by one of the following provinces:
Canadian citizens and permanent residents applying to sponsor their relatives for permanent residence status include relatives such as a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, dependent children, parents or grandparents, and a brother, sister, nephew, niece, and a grandchild who is an orphan.
You can consider Canada Immigration through the Business Immigration Program if you meet the requirement of one of the following three categories including Investors, Entrepreneurs and the Self-Employed.
- The Investor Class
Canada immigration through the Investor Class is for applicants who demonstrate the ability to become economically established in Canada on the basis of their business, net worth and management experience.
- The Entrepreneur Class
Canada immigration through the Entrepreneur Class is for applicants who demonstrate the ability to become economically established in Canada on the basis of their business experience and high personal net worth are considered for permanent residency.
- The Self Employed class
Canada immigration through the Self Employed class is for applicants who have relevant experience, the intention and the ability to contribute to Canada’s economy and create their own employment or purchase and/or manage a farm in Canada.
Quebec Skilled Worker Class
The Quebec PNP selection system selects applicants who demonstrate the skills and ability to become economically established in Quebec.
What are the requirements to apply for Canadian Citizenship?
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, the minimum requirements include:
- Permanent Resident status
- Time you have lived in Canada
- Income tax filing
- Language skills
- How well you know Canada
How do I get Canadian citizenship?
In order to be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must:
- Be a permanent resident
- Filed your taxes for at least three years
- Pass a citizenship test
- Prove your language skills in English or French
- Not have a criminal record
How long does it take to get a permanent residence visa to immigrate to Canada?
Every application is different and processing times also different for each program. It largely depend on the type of visa being applied for.
How do I find a job in Canada?
Most Canadian employers will want to know if you are legally allowed to work in Canada. This often translates to being a permanent resident (PR), having a work permit, being an international student who is allowed to work in Canada, being the spouse of an international student, or being a Canadian citizen.
Search job websites: This is a good starting point for many job opportunities. Popular sites include the Canadian government’s Job Bank, LinkedIn Jobs, Indeed, Monster, and Workopolis.
LinkedIn is an excellent tool to connect with other people in your industry.
Contact employment agencies and recruiters.
How do I work in Canada?
Foreign nationals will need a work permit to be allowed to work in Canada. However, sometimes you may be eligible to work in Canada without a work permit.
There are two types of work permits:
Open work permit: This allows you to work for any employer in Canada and you can only get an open work permit in specific situations.
Employer-specific work permit: Also called a closed work permit specifies the name of the employer you can work for, location, and for how long you can work.