CANADA WORK PERMIT VISA
Canada Work Permit, or a Work Visa, is issued to eligible overseas individuals to work in that country for a specific time period.
People need to apply for a Work Visa only after getting a job offer or an employment contract from a Canadian employer. The employer must obtain from ESDC (Employment and Social Development Canada) an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment), which gives them permission to recruit foreign skilled workers for occupations that cannot be filled in by citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
As one of the world’s leading economies Canada is a great destination for individuals seeking to work abroad. The Canadian Work Permit Visa allows business people, permanent workers, temporary workers, students and others to work in Canada. Typically, applicants need to have a job offer in hand in order to apply for the work permit visa. With our end-to-end overseas career solutions, Y-Axis can help you find a job and apply for a Canadian Work Permit Visa.
Under the Canada Work Permit Visa you can:
- Work in Canada under the employer you have mentioned in your work permit application
- Have the ability to apply for Dependent Visas to call your dependents
- Earn in dollars
- Travel across Canada
- Apply for a PR visa at a later date
Applicants need to show proof that they are eligible to take up the job offer. To apply for a Canada Work Permit from India, you need to meet certain requirements. Documents need to be submitted in either English.
The Canada Work Permit Visa is ideal for temporary workers, foreign graduates from Canadian universities, businessmen and others who need to work in Canada.
Start-up Business - Canada
A start-up business must be a new business intended to be operated in Canada which meets the criteria of a qualifying business, meaning that the new start-up business has received a commitment from:
- A designated angel investor group confirming that it is investing at least $75,000 in a qualifying business or two or more designated angel investor groups confirming that they are together investing a total of at least $75,000 in such a business;
- A designated venture capital fund confirming that it is investing at least $200,000 in a qualifying business or two or more designated venture capital funds confirming that they are together investing a total of at least $200,000 in such a business; or
- A designated business incubator confirming that it is accepting the applicant into its business incubator program.
Under Canada’s startup visa program, candidates can come to Canada on a work permit which is sponsored by their Canada based investor and then apply for a PR visa once their business is established in the country.
For your application to be eligible for processing, you must:
- have received a Letter of Support from a designated entity
- meet the language requirements proficiency in English or French
- have sufficient settlement funds (transferable and available funds, free of debts or other obligations and excluding any investment made by a designated entity into their business)
- Have completed at least one year of post-secondary education
- Must clear the medical tests and security requirements