Quebec Family Class Sponsorship
The Great White North has always been a place welcoming people from all over the world, helping them to elevate their standards of life by offering them the best services in every single field, making Canada one of the best places for immigrants.
- Individuals who wish to migrate to Quebec under family class sponsorship migration must have a close relative who is ready to sponsor them, and that the sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or a Canadian permanent resident residing in Quebec.
- Therefore, if you are willing to become a sponsor then you must make sure that you are a permanent resident of Canada and are willing to settle in Quebec.
- You must first file an application with the Provincial immigration authorities. If you are found eligible to sponsor, then you ought to submit an undertaking including an application by the sponsored person for Quebec Selection Certificate(CSQ) to the government of Quebec.
- If you intend to sponsor any of your family members, you must make sure that you are financially self-sufficient to support them. As a sponsor, it’s imperative that you make sure your family does not seek help of the government for financial assistance.
- There are two different procedure for sponsoring your family to Quebec which are: sponsoring your spouse, conjugal or common-law partner and/or dependent children and to sponsor other eligible relatives.
Procedure Of Applying
- Obtain an authorization to sponsor from the Federal Government
- Apply for the Quebec Selection Certificate
- Sign an undertaking with the Provincial Authorities
- Apply for Permanent Resident Status from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Meet the legal requirements
- Issuance of the Canadian Permanent Residence.
To Be A Sponsor
- You and the sponsored relative must sign a sponsorship agreement that commits you to provide financial support for your relative, on demand. This agreement also states that the person becoming a permanent resident will make every effort to support themselves.
- You must provide financial support for a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner for three years from the date they become a permanent resident.
- You must provide financial support for a dependent child for 10 years, or until the child turns 25 years of age, whichever comes first.
Sponsoring A Spouse, Partner Or Dependent Child
- You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident residing in Quebec to sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children (including children adopted by you prior to settling in Quebec).
- You must be at least 18 years old to be a sponsor.
- You can apply as a sponsor if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or accompanying dependent children live with you in Quebec, even if they do not have legal status in Canada.
- You can also apply as a sponsor if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children live outside Canada, provided they meet all the requirements.
- When you sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada, you must demonstrate that you can support them.
Also, if the dependent child you are sponsoring has a child of his or her own, you must satisfy the same financial requirements.
Quebec Sponsorship Fee, As On January 1st, 2017
|Spouse/De facto Spouse||$167(CAD)|
|Each dependent child||$167(CAD)|
Do you intend to migrate to Quebec under Quebec family class sponsorship? Then opt for J & A Services! Contact the team of expert consultants at J & A services and be benefitted.
Quebec Family Sponsorship
The second most populated province in Canada has a wide range of Immigration programs to choose from among which one particular program facilitates the migration of the individual’s family. Quebec is known for its diverse culture, the welcoming society, its cuisine which makes it an ideal place for families to migrate and settle.
What Is A Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa?
Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa allows the individual to sponsor his/her family members which include spouse, children, parents, grandparents, a child that is to be adopted etc., Here are three important steps to follow to sponsor a close relative and the information to understand this process. The person being sponsored must also complete certain procedures:
- Submit a sponsorship application to the Government of Canada (more specifically to Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada – IRCC).
- Submit an undertaking application to the Government of Quebec.
- Ask the respective person he/she is sponsoring to complete procedures like applying for a Quebec Selection Certificate and permanent residence.
Requirements To Be Met Under Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa: –
The applicant should meet the following requirements if he/she wishes to sponsor a family member under the Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa:
- The applicant must be a citizen of Canada or at least be a permanent resident visa holder.
- The applicant must be aged not less than 18 years.
- The applicant must be living in Quebec.
- The applicant must show his/her financial resources for the past 12 months. (except for sponsoring spouse and children)
- The applicant should be able to prove that he/she has sufficient income to facilitate their spouse/child with basic needs.
Quebec Spouse Sponsorship Visa: –
In order for the applicant to sponsor his/her spouse, the spouse should have met the following Quebec Spouse Sponsorship Visa requirements:
- The spouse should not be in another relation (either married to or living together) with another person during the time of the marriage or living apart from the applicant.
Quebec Dependant Child Sponsorship: –
The applicant will be able to sponsor a dependent child only if the child meets the below-mentioned conditions:
- The applicant sponsoring child should not have been married.
- The child should not above 19 years and should still be financially dependent on the sponsoring applicant.
- Children above 19 years of age can be added as a dependent child provided the child is not able to take care of himself/herself financially due to physical/mental disability.
Other Important Information You Should Know About Quebec & Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa:-
- The applicant can sponsor a close relative provided the applicant is a citizen of Canada or a permanent resident visa holder.
- The applicant should be at least 18 years old.
- If the applicant is a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, then he/she must prove that they intend to live in Canada. The applicant will not be able to sponsor any family members if they are permanent resident holder living outside Canada.
- The Quebec province is comprised of 17 regions from which the applicant has to choose his housing area by looking into all the possibilities because the cost of living depends on where the applicant lives.
- The applicant’s health is taken care of by the Health Insurance Plan under the Quebec Government.
- Quebec is a land of festivals and it attracts hundreds & thousands of visitors from all parts of the world every year and not to mention, Quebec also is a house to a number of museums, exhibition centers & art galleries.
- Quebec is an ideal place for the sports enthusiast. Quebec has an approximate of 90 ski hills, bicycle paths, hiking trails and more.
- The applicant can enroll himself in a number of free courses to study French. Financial aid is provided to the applicant under certain conditions.
To know more about Quebec Family Sponsorship Visa, Quebec Spouse Sponsorship Visa & more, get in touch with our team of immigration experts. You can also check your eligibility for free by contacting us.