Newfoundland And Labrador PNP
The Newfoundland and Labrador PNP is the provincial nominee program of Newfoundland and Labrador. It enables individuals with the skills and experience required by the province to receive a Provincial Nomination Certificate that expedites the Canadian immigration and the Canadian Permanent Residency process.
The province of Newfoundland and Labrador consists of two distinct land masses: Labrador, which is connected to the mainland, and Newfoundland, an island. The province has recently become a major economic force in Canada, owing to the growth of energy and natural resources sectors.
The Provincial Nomination Programs (PNPs) including Newfoundland and Labrador PNP enable Provincial and Territorial governments in Canada to attract immigrants to their region.
If you choose to immigrate to Canada, you must:
- Apply and complete the provincial nomination process.
- Demonstrate the skill set and ability to contribute to the economy of the Newfoundland and Labrador
- Receive a Provincial Nomination Certificate from the province/territory
How to apply for Newfoundland and Labrador PNP?
As the first step in applying, the potential applicants must find out which category they belong to – Skilled Worker, Express Entry Skilled Worker, or International Graduate. Then they must download and fill all provincial and federal forms required for publishing through Newfoundland and Labrador PNP. The completed forms and supporting documents can then be sent to the Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism.
All applicants of Newfoundland and Labrador PNP must:
- Complete and pass a medical examination.
- Have security clearance.
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to support himself/herself and his/her dependents after arriving in Canada.
After you receive the Provincial Nomination Certificate, you must:
- Send an application to Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for Permanent Residence
- AnIRCC officer will assess your application based on the Canadian Immigration requirements. These applications will not be assessed based on the six selection factors of the Federal Skilled Workers Program.
Express Entry Skilled Worker category of Newfoundland and Labrador PNP
The Newfoundland and Labrador PNP Express Entry Skilled Worker category is designed for skilled candidates who have job offers through the federal Express Entry immigration selection system.
In order to apply for this category of Newfoundland and Labrador PNP, the applicant must be eligible to enter the Federal Express Entry pool. To get into the Express Entry pool, the applicant needs to meet the requirements of one of these programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, or the Canadian Experience Class.
Skilled Worker Category of Newfoundland and Labrador PNP
The Skilled Worker Category of Newfoundland and Labrador PNP is designed for individuals who have received a guaranteed job offer or who are currently working in the province on a valid work permit. The candidate of the Skilled Worker Category of Newfoundland and Labrador PNPmust have the experience required to perform the job. They must also have the intention to settle in the province and sufficient funds needed for that. Moreover, the employer must prove that his/her organization needs the candidate’s particular skillset.
International Graduate Category of Newfoundland and Labrador PNP
The International Graduate Category of Newfoundland and Labrador PNP is designed for recent graduates who:
- Have graduated from an eligible Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Who are living in Canada on a Post-Graduate Work Permit.
- Have a current job or job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer
- Are working in their field of study at the time of application.
We at CanApprove aim to make the complex process of preparing financial papers, authenticating documents, filling applications, obtaining visas, and acquiring work and residence permits as simple, quick and easy as possible for our clients. We provide assistance to immigrants and students with pre-travel, travel and post-arrival needs including but not limited to acquiring a health card, social insurance card, ID card, and driver’s license, as well as finding accommodation.
For more information on Newfoundland and Labrador PNP and other PNPs, get in touch with our team of qualified immigration consultants and skilled advisors.