Mon Project Quebec
The Government of Quebec has brought into existence a new online immigration application management system which seems to be more efficient & worthy. Named the “Mon Project Quebec”, this online immigration application management system used by Quebec processes the application for a Quebec Selection Certificate(CSQ).
Benefits Of Mon Project Quebec: –
The Mon Project Quebec System was bought into existence on January 5th, 2016 enabling applicants to submit an application online to obtain a selection certificate usually under the Regular Skilled Worker Program. The benefits of bringing Mon Project Quebec into existence are as follows:
- The applicant can access his/her account at any time.
- The applicant can check the status of his/her application.
- The applicant will be able to receive messages and documents from the Quebec Government in the account created for her/him.
- The applicant can also modify his/her immigration application provided the 90-day period has not elapsed.
Other Important Things You Should Know About Mon Project Quebec: –
- The applicant can complete his/her application online and make payment for the same.
- The Government of Quebec has advised applicants to use only personal computers and not tablets or mobile phones because the Mon Project Quebec account cannot be accessed with any other devices except for personal computers.
- The candidate will be provided a personalized checklist of documents which the candidate has to provide when the immigration department asks for the same.
- The government charges a fee of CAD $785 for the primary applicant, CAD $168 for spouse and CAD $168 for each dependent child. The fee revision came into effect on January 1st, 2018.
- The government of Quebec states that the applicant could expect the processing time to be shorter with the new system.
- If the applicant has already sent his/her printed version of the application during the previous intake period, then he/she need not open a Mon Project Quebec account.
- Applications will be processed under the following priority
– Applications that are submitted under the Quebec Experience Program.
– Applications of candidates that include a valid employment offer.
- The Quebec Government has planned to increase the immigration count for the period 2017 -2019.
- The Mon Project Quebec is only for people who wish to migrate through the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. The applicants for PEQ are not eligible and cannot apply.
- Immigrants are selected under the proposed system for Quebec as per the needs of Quebec labor markets.
With the Mon Project Quebec introduced, the immigrant count for Quebec has increased to many folds the last year. The Quebec province has made it easy for skilled workers to immigrate to Quebec by easing up the process and reducing the time frame. The Mon project Quebec has definitely widened up the opportunity for skilled workers from all over the world to migrate to Quebec.
Looking forward to migrating under Mon Project Quebec? Contact our team of immigration experts to know more on the same.
Learn All About Quebec Immigration
Individuals who wish to migrate abroad for personal & professional reasons consider Quebec as one of the most favorable provinces. This is because of the unique Quebec Immigration Process and the perks the province has. Quebec has its own set of immigration eligibilities for immigration programs which the applicant should meet if he/she wants to migrate to Quebec.
Quebec Immigration Process: –
Individuals belonging to foreign nationals wishing to immigrate and settle down in Quebec under any of the programs offered by the Quebec government should follow the below-mentioned steps:
- The individual applying for Quebec Immigration should be first selected by the Quebec’s Immigration Authority (MIDI). Once the selection is done, the selected candidates will receive a Quebec Selection Certificate from the authorities.
- On receiving the Quebec Selection Certificate, the applicant can then file an application for his/her permanent residency.
- The candidate should note that the federal government evaluation is mainly based on issues related to health & criminality.
Quebec Immigration Eligibility: –
Quebec has offered several programmes from which the applicant can choose to immigrate to Quebec. The candidate should know that every single program Quebec offers has its own set of eligibility requirements. To be more specific, Quebec Skilled Worker and Quebec Experience Class have a different set of criteria & requirements to be met.
- Individuals who apply are assessed based on certain factors after which they are granted points under a point system.
- The applicants need to meet the criteria and obtain the minimum score in order to proceed with the immigration process.
- Factors like age, qualification, work experience, language abilities &number of dependants are taken into consideration.
Types Of Immigration Programs Offered By Quebec: –
Quebec has a well-structured and organized immigration programs for individuals which serves their interests and purpose of visit. The major Quebec Immigration programs offered are listed below:
- Quebec Skilled Worker Program
- Quebec Business Immigration
- Quebec Experience Program
Processing Time For Quebec Immigration Process: –
- The Quebec Immigration process takes around a duration of 12 months to be completed. (Depending on the choice of the program)
- The processing time will never be the same and constantly changes due to several factors like the Volume of applications, the time taken by the applicant to respond, the applicant’s proof of language proficiency, international context & more.
Quebec Immigration Processing Fee: –
The Quebec Government has different processing fees for different programs. The below-mentioned fee for various programs is exercised from the 1st of January 2018.
Permanent Immigration: –
- Business Visa (Investor/Entrepreneur/Self-Employed)– CAD$ 15,235/CAD $1,062/CAD $ 1,062
- Skilled Worker – CAD $785
- Each accompanying family transfer – CAD $168
Undertaking Application: –
- For the principal sponsored person/first sponsored minor – CAD $279
- For each person sponsored – CAD $112
Temporary Immigration: –
- Temporary Worker – CAD$ 196
- Foreign Student – CAD $112
Latest Updates About Quebec Immigration: –
- The Quebec Government has planned to take in 50,000 immigrants this particular year(2018).
- All immigration applications to Quebec are handled through the Mon Project Quebec.
- The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program has evolved to become the only passive business investment program which offers applicants permanent immigration to Canada.
Why Should You Choose J & A?
The J & A team of immigration experts exhibit professional approach & possess an enormous industrial knowledge. The ability to provide feasible and on time reliable solutions makes us an ideal solution when it comes to overseas immigration.
To know more about Quebec Immigration or to get a free assessment, get in touch with our team of experts.
What Is Quebec Business Class Migration?
Individuals who are capable of running a business and have acquired a befitting entrepreneurial, investor or self-employment experience willing to settle in Quebec can opt for Quebec’s business class migration option.
- Upon a provincial approval, candidates are provided with the Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). The CSQ is the official document issued by the government which allows the candidate to obtain a Canada immigration visa, provided the applicant has cleared the medical and security checks.
Quebec Business Class Migration Programs:
Applicants can migrate to Quebec under the following business class programs:
Quebec Investor Program is for candidates:
- With a high level of managerial experience for two years in the last five years
- Who have owned or operated a business for two years in the last five years
- Possessing a net worth of at least $1.6 million
- Willing to make a government-secured investment of CAD$800,000 for a period of five years
Quebec Entrepreneur Program is for candidates:
- Who can operate a business in the province
- With sufficient managerial experience in a business for two years in the last five years
- With a net worth of $300,000 CAD
- Willing and able to establish a business in Quebec
- Commit to creating a full-time job position for a citizen or permanent resident.
Quebec Self-Employed Program is for candidates:
- With work experience in the profession or trade that they intend to practice in Quebec
- With a net worth of at least CAD$100,000
In addition to meeting these requirements, applicants are assessed through a points-based system on the following factors:
- Work experience
- Language proficiency
- Business plan
- Family in Quebec
- Financial stability
- Spouse and children
For the last 18 years, our team of qualified consultants, skilled advisors and highly trained instructors have been consistent in delivering reliable immigration and education services.For more information on Quebec Immigration, get in touch with our team of qualified immigration consultants today!
Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ)
The province of Quebec stands apart from all other provinces in Canada by implementing & following a unique set of immigration rules. Likewise, the Quebec Selection Certificate is one unique method which no other province has.
What Is Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ)?
Obtaining a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) is the first step that should be carried out if an individual or a family wishes to migrate to Quebec. Though Quebec is able to scrutinize immigrant applications by having its own criteria, the permanent resident status of the applicant can only be decided by the Canadian government. On obtaining a Quebec Selection Certificate, the applicant can apply for a Canadian PR visa provided he/she meets all the requirements.
Ways To Obtain A Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ): –
Individuals who wish to migrate to Quebec cannot make any further progress without having a Quebec Selection Certificate in hand. Applicants can migrate to Quebec through any one of the below-mentioned programs after obtaining a Quebec Selection Certificate.
1. Quebec Skilled Worker Program: –
Quebec Skilled Worker Program is for those skilled individuals who look forward to migrate to Quebec under the Skilled Worker Program. The applicant has to meet the requirements and obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate to migrate under this program.
2. Quebec Experience Class: –
The Quebec Experience class allows people who already have considerable experience in Quebec or have already studied in Quebec. This program helps in retaining people who have gained experience in the province.
3. Quebec Investor Program: –
This program was introduced in the year 1986, allowing immigrants who have the potential to invest in the Quebec economy to immigrate and settle in Canada through the province of Quebec.
4. Quebec Entrepreneur Program: –
Quebec Entrepreneur Program provides business people an ideal path to immigrate and settle in the province. Individual should possess a minimum net worth of the recommended level to immigrate under this program.
5. Quebec Self-Employed Person Program: –
The Quebec Self-Employed Persons Program allows potential applicants to migrate to settle and work in Canada. The applicant should have a minimum net worth of at least CAD $100,000 to be eligible for this program.
Determining Factors For Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ): –
An individual should secure a minimum of 50 points under the Quebec Immigration Selection System for him/her to be qualified to get a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) and a minimum of 59 points when accompanied with a spouse or common-law partner. Below-mentioned is the considered factors along with the maximum points that can be awarded for each category.
- A maximum of 26 points Is given for education
- The applicant can get a maximum of 8 points for experience.
- A maximum of 16 points is given for the age factor.
- The applicant’s proficiency in English and/or French can gain him/her a maximum of 22 points.
- Based on the spouse’s characteristics a maximum of 17 points can be awarded to the applicant.
- Financial self-sufficiency can gain him/her a maximum of one point.
- A valid employment offer can help to gain up to 10 points.
- Presence of accompanying children can help gain up to 8 points.
Other Important Things You Should Know About Quebec (CSQ): –
- The applicant should carefully prepare his documents ensuring that there are no possibilities of flaws to occur in order for the application to be processed.
- The documents must be submitted on the specified date.
- On reviewing the candidate’s application, one of the three decisions will be taken : Approval
Intent to Refuse (If there exists a situation where the applicant has to provide more information or documents, the counselor will the applicant an explanatory notice as to why the application was refused after which the applicant will have 90 days to do the needful).
- Temporary foreign workers and international students need not have to obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). They instead should obtain a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ).
To know more about Quebec Immigration and guidance to obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ), get in touch with our team of immigration experts.
Temporary Foreign Workers
What Is Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker-PEQ?
- Individuals who have either worked in Quebec or have studied in Quebec are eligible to apply under the Quebec Experience Class Program.
- This program is also intended for a Quebec temporary foreign worker who holds a skilled job and meet certain conditions, such as demonstrating advanced intermediate knowledge of spoken French. Quebec job opportunities for foreigners are vast and quebec work permit requirements are uncomplicated.
- Quebec temporary foreign worker program does not require a selection grid or interview procedure and does not consider the spouse’s or de facto spouse’s characteristics. You are entitled to apply for CSQ if you hold a post-graduation work permit.
Eligibility Criteria For Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker-PEQ
- Must intend to settle down in Quebec
- Should have worked in Quebec with a primary goal of working.
- Must have worked as a skilled temporary foreign worker legally or under a youth exchange program.
- Must have taken up a full-time job at a managerial or professional level for a period of 1-2 years.
- The selected occupation/job must be under the National Occupational Classification for levels O, A or B.
- Must demonstrate intermediate knowledge of oral French.
- Must be financially self-sufficient and undertake to provide support to oneself and where applicable, those of your spouse or de facto spouse and dependent children included in your application for CSQ for a minimum period of 3 months.
When To Apply For Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker-PEQ
- A skilled temporary worker residing in Quebec, must wait until you complete at least 12 months of full time employment before submitting your application for CSQ.
- Employment natures opted by skilled temporary foreign worker must be at a managerial, professional or technical level and the occupation must be from the National occupation list.
- Make sure that your 12 months of work must have been completed over 24 months preceding your application.
- In addition to these, you must hold a paid job while applying for PEQ.
Job Eligibility Criteria Under Quebec Temporary Foreign Worker-PEQ
What kind of jobs are in quebec and what are it requirements, find below:
- A full time skilled jobs practiced legally (minimum 30 hours of work)
- The job must be at the managerial, professional or technical level (levels 0, A or B, under the National Occupational Classification).
- No part-time work experience is considered when applying under PEQ for temporary foreign worker program.
- Self-employed/ business owners are also not considered under PEQ
- You must demonstrate an advanced intermediate level of oral French language to apply for PEQ under temporary foreign worker category.
- If you intend to apply for skilled temporary foreign worker program then you must submit an attested results of French test or diploma recognized by the ministry with a level of 7 in oral production.
Other Essential Information
If you hold an eligible Québec diploma, you can also submit your application under the Programme de l’expériencequébécoise – Québec Graduate, if the selection conditions are more advantageous for you.
Want to know more on PEQ? Contact the team of expert consultants at J & A and be benefitted!